Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mother, May I ?

The room in flooding with the sweat and tears of our fathers
Floating are the bodies of there sinful daughters

Mother may I go for a swim and wade threw skins of gray
With no answers she turned and looked away

An ocean of damned souls I dive in deep
I ignore the dead and pretend they are just asleep
Sometimes I take a relic of misfortune to keep

Mother May I indulge in the wet whispers of the dead
She told me to close my eyes and pray instead

I wash my body and rinse my face
And spit out blood in the watery waste
It leaves my mouth with a colorful taste

Mother May I take a soul home
Or maybe just the flesh and bones?
She said no in a sorrowful tone

I asked why she seemed so distant and sad
She said in this sea of the dead lies the bodies of me and your dad

Then I awoke to a sudden darkness and opened my eyes
Another dream of there demise
I’m scared, but not surprised….

Mother May I go with you and father?
“No my child, stay out of deaths water….”

“Your time will come and we will wade threw waters of reconnection”
Her words seemed distant and dripping with infection….

No comments:

Post a Comment